The Ewing Gallery of Art and Architecture is named in honor of C. Kermit “Buck” Ewing who initiated the art curriculum at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 1948.
Begun in 1981, the Ewing Gallery of Art and Architecture is a professionally managed university gallery, funded jointly by the School of Art and the College of Architecture and Design. The Ewing Gallery has developed and maintained a permanent collection for the purpose of scholarly research and the enrichment of the University and regional communities.
Kunisada began his apprenticeship around 1800 under the master Toyokuni (1769 - 1825) and became one of his chief pupils. the Utagawa school…
Sketches and paintings by American illustrator, Walter Haskell Hinton
This is the digital version of Liberated from Storage II: Art from Europe and the Americas on display at the Ewing...